Myanmar’s hospitals, supplies face extreme pressure as virus arrives

A woman wearing a mask walks with food and other supplies bought at a local market in Naypyitaw. (AP pic) YANGON: Myanmar, which shares borders with China, India, Thailand, Bangladesh and Laos, is facing the reality of the novel coronavirus, after the government officially confirmed the first two cases of Covid-19 late Monday. That means […]

95% of tabligh members have come forward for screening, says top cop

Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador. KUALA LUMPUR: Police say 95% of those who attended the recent tabligh gathering at the Sri Petaling mosque have come forward for Covid-19 tests and screening. Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador said the remaining 5% are being tracked down. “In this regard, the police have set up a […]